Welcome GSA Buyers!
Windows are the greatest source of wasted energy in any facility. For many years, the Federal government has encouraged and embraced sustainable purchasing and green building practices. And because energy efficiency is such a major factor in green building design and use, window coverings that insulate and reflect heat make a huge difference.
GREENGUARD is a requirement reference in the LEED™ Commercial Interiors Rating System and highly sustainable, exceeding upcoming Federal Greening legislation.
Solar Shade FACTS:
- Shade fabric allows diffused natural light to shine through helping to reduce interior fading and lessening the need for interior lighting demands and reducing electrical bills
- Breathable Solar Shade fabrics block significant amounts of UV rays
- Solar Shades breathable fabric allows you to see out while offering exterior privacy
- Select shade fabrics are antimicrobial/antifungal and fire retardant
- Select shade material is stain resistant, fade resistant and easy to clean with gentle wiping and mild cleansers
- Shades have a long-life and can be expected to remain in service for 20 years or more. Warranties of 20 years are available for some cloths.
A Greener Tomorrow:
- Select shades offer the first ever GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified® window fabric awarded by the GREENGUARD Environmental Institute under the GREENGUARD Standard for Low Emitting Products
- Select shade fabrics are made with 100% recyclable, biodegradable materials — a major advance in 'green' fabric technology
- GREENGUARD is a requirement reference in the LEED™ Commercial Interiors Rating System
For more information on Phifer SheerWeave fabrics, please visit their website at: www.phifer.com/sheerweave.aspx.